Android Tips And Tricks You Probably Did Not Know About

My relationship with android phones is never ending because I am sort of obsessed with this operating system. If 30 percent of population is IOS and apple users, I'd guess that the remaining 70 per cent population is surviving on the android phone.
However, if you want to be a master with your phone, here are a few tricks and tips for what Android can do.

1. Share contacts, music and apps just by tapping phones

Android helps you to share contacts, music, apps, photos, videos  just by touching one NFC-enabled device to another, typically back to back and then tap to send. In order to enable your phone sharing things by tapping, check if your phone is NFC-enabled. Go to option more in setting and turn on Android Beam or S Beam right below the NFC option.

2. Screenshot using your palm

Generally, we use the volume button and the power button to click screenshot, but to a surprise you can now take a screenshot with just your palm.You can take a screenshot by swiping the side of your hand across the screen. Only thing you should remember while taking screenshot with palm is that the palm motion is enabled. To enable this, go to Setting > My Device > Motions and Gestures > Palm Motion.

3. Allow your screen to appear bright as long as you are looking at it.

Most of the android device and all Samsung device comes with a feature of Smart play, which allows your android phone to stay bright as long as you look at it. Just go to Settings > Display > Smart Stay to enjoy this feature. 

4. Display your contact info on the lock screen.

This is specially useful in case you have misplaced your phone. This feature allows the user to look at the contact as well as know some extra information about the owner, which you can manually enter. Set it up through Settings > Security > Show owner info on lock screen. Make sure you type something sensible so that it helps when you lose your phone.

5. Priority Mode

Priority Mode is one of the most underrated and misused app features in Android operating system. Priority mode allows you to put the phone in silent mode but makes noise after receiving notification from a particular person. To set it up, go to Settings > Sound & Notification > Do not disturb, then select the options that you require.

6. Unlock a hidden animation

Hidden things are always fun and so do are the animation. Just go to Settings > About Device, tap on “Android version” until an image shows up a K in android 4.4 Kitkat. You should hold the image for few seconds until the animation begins. 

7. Control your data usage

Now you can set the warning levels of limits according to the data to be used. If you have a data recharge fo 125 MB, you can simply set a warning level up to 125 MB so that your use don't exceed the limit.

8. Access tabs that are open in Chrome on your other devices.

As long as you are signed in with your Gmail account, your phone has an ability to access all other open tabs on the device. To do this, just hit “Other Devices” from Menu or the New Tab Page or click the bottom-right-hand-corner icon of a folder with arrows and see the tabs above. However, if you download free chrome to a mobile extension, you can see the offline version of all the tabs that are opened.

9. Smart Lock

Smart lock is a feature that can remove the need of keypad lock when you are in any trusted environment. The phone automatically sets code by using GPS, certain networks, your face and your voice to know your current location. Go to Settings > Security > Smart lock to set it up.

10. Voice search with screen off

Not everyone is acquainted with this feature.Now there are android phones which allow you to search with the “OK Google” hot word even when the screen is off.  Few other phones have the ability to search from any screen when the screen is on, but only a few phones with a dedicated listening core can search even when the display is inactive.

Do you have something interesting you would like to share? Write to us at [email protected]